jueves, mayo 22, 2008

Greenpeace Mexico Anniversary!




I was reading a mexican magazine called NATURA in my childhood,when I noticed an article about Greenpeace, was the first time that I had notices about this international organization and his work defending the environment. It was romantic history about a bunch of "rainbow warriors" in heroic acts defending whales againts hunter ships. I remember a feeling of admiration for this people...maybe the last idealists in a world that become more materialist and selfish....
Since then I follow the steps of Greenpeace in the mass media, and this month it was the anniversary of Greenpeace Mexico. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
They did his first public aparition with a simbolic action: they put a antigas-mask to "La Diana Cazadora", a very known monument in Reforma Avenue. With this action they denounce the pollution of Mexico City, one of the greatest citites around the world.
And they did other campaings in 15 years....


To be continued...

Etiquetas: